ON DEMAND WEBCAST
Buy Now, Watch Right Away (How to access)
How can you improve profits for your organization?
The answer is easy — either increase revenues or lower costs. Even better, you can do both simultaneously.
Financial people are usually best at helping lower costs rather than increasing revenues. However, most do not know how to present their efforts to others in the organization in order to get the credit and recognition they deserve.
And before you can even attempt to improve profitability, you need to measure it first.
This webcast will cover various methods of measuring costs, especially overhead costs, and assigning them back to various products, customers, or distribution channels in order to calculate profitability. Once you can calculate profitability, you can take steps to improve it. Most importantly, you can highlight your accomplishments effectively to your bosses and senior non-financial management, which will ultimately help your career progress.
This webcast will teach you to
- identify and calculate product costs
- identify different situations for different product costs
- calculate and act on cost variances
- identify situations where activity-based costing (ABC) is successful
- highlight their cost reduction efforts to management and get noticed
• how to find possible sources of cost reduction
• the different ways to interpret and calculate product costs
• situations in which different cost calculations are appropriate
• cost variances explained
• activity-based costing (ABC) — its successes and its challenges
• highlighting your accomplishments in reducing costs
This webcast is part two in a series on profitability and costing. We recommend you also attend part one, Powerful Costing and Profitability Analysis, which describes how to identify the drivers of costs and profitability and analyze profitability within your organization..
Internet Explorer 6 or later is required to view and hear the webcast. In order to access this webcast presentation, please test your system on the computer you will be using for the webcast. Be sure to click on "OK - Play Test" under Status in order to see and hear the video playing.
A screen shot of the "test your system" tool
If you require further information, go to our Help page or send an e-mail to PD Net Comments.