Sustainability reporting has become an integral component of stakeholder communications, and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the world’s most widely used framework. Understanding the GRI’s guidelines allows you to create a communications framework in accordance with international standards that will support the effective communication of your sustainability efforts.
CGA participants in this GRI-certified course on sustainability reporting will gain an understanding of the sustainability, sustainability reporting, and the GRI framework in a uniquely North American context.
- Course completion certificate directly from the GRI
- Training on sustainability reporting drivers, practices, case studies, and trends based on Jantzi-Sustainalytics’ annual review of over 1,000 certified GRI reports
- Use of interactive presentations, published reports, and group work
- Offset of greenhouse gas emissions generated from its GRI training provided by LEAD Canada with Gold Standard-certified carbon offsets from Planetair
- Context, drivers, and best sustainability reporting practice
- Key steps in GRI’s reporting and materiality process and principles
- The role of stakeholders, and how to prioritize engagement
- Linkages between GRI and the UN’s Global Compact
- Application level assessment and assurance on report information
- A process-driven approach to reporting and materiality analysis